Monday, April 13, 2020

Embrace the Chaos and keep on Trucking...


"This is no time for comparison. Everyone is doing what is best for their family. Intentionally plan for what your family needs and never apologize for it."

I hope that you all had a wonderful 3 day weekend. I am so thankful that we had beautiful weather and could spend time outside. For me, I was really happy to not open my computer all weekend. I really miss Room 4. I miss the weird sounds coming from the air conditioning unit and the squeaks that the old wooden floor makes when we walk across it. You know how our school smells new and old and the same time? I miss that too. I miss walking into our classroom and turning on all the lamps in the morning with butterflies in my stomach because I'm excited to see what the day will have in store for us. I really, really miss each and every one of your faces, your smiles, your personalities and our time together. Even though this situation is not our ideal situation it reminds me of one of my favorite artist's, Kelly Rae Roberts, pieces of work

During times like these, we just have to keep on trucking. And that may look like different things to different families. If that means doing lots of school work, then go for it. If that means, taking lots of breaks, snuggling, playing games and hanging out, then go for it. If that means hunkering down in the middle of a hallway during a tornado warning, by all means, PLEASE do that! 

This week for school we will still be working on the same choice boards from last week. Make sure that whatever work you turn in is quality work. Also, if you choose to do other work or projects, that is completely fine. In terms of work, you and your family should do whatever you NEED to do to KEEP you and your family SANE and HEALTHY!  Remember to look on See Saw for all blog posts, Zoom meeting invitations and activities. 

Peace and Gratitude

1 comment: