Monday, April 6, 2020

Ease on down the road...

"Ease on down, ease on down the road
Come on, ease on down
Ease on down the road
Don't you carry nothing
That might be a load
Come on, ease on down
Ease on down the road
'Cause there may be times
When you think you lost your mind
And the steps you're takin'
Leave you three, four steps behind
But the road you're walking
Might be long sometimes
You just keep on trukin'
And you'll just be fine, yeah"

Good morning Room 4 families!  It's another week at home and another week of "home" school. 

Choice Boards
Last week all of the teachers at Ellis worked on creating Language, Math, Explorations and Social/Emotional choice boards. The goal is for students to do one activity from Language and Math everyday and upload it to See Saw. I will include the directions on getting onto See Saw at the end of the blog post. As a Montessori school, our philosophy has always been that student work not be graded or scored. Student work is checked and they are provided commentary, but they aren't penalized. As I stated last week, do what you are able to do. If you can't complete a Math and Language everyday, I understand. If you and your child have found other interests to pursue, I understand. If we need to extend this week's choice board into next week, we can. The choice boards for Lower Elementary can be found in See Saw, on the Ellis website under Lower Elementary and here.




Office Hours
I will have office hours Monday-Thursday between 2:00-3:00 p.m. This will be a time when you or your child can contact me through Remind or email to ask me any questions that you have about school. I want those parents who have asked for later office hours and community meeting to know that you have been heard. I usually check my school email around 5 p.m. and 7 p.m, so I can answer any questions then as well. I will not check emails over the weekend as that is time for me to spend with my family.

 Ms. Jane's office hours will be Monday - Friday between 8:00-9:00 a.m. if you and your family have any questions for her.

Community meetings via Zoom
On Wednesdays and Fridays, I will hold community meeting via Zoom at 11:30 a.m.  More information about getting onto Zoom coming tomorrow.

See Saw
How to get on See Saw:
If you’ve used Seesaw before and have an account:
  1. Go to app.seesaw.me if you are using a tablet or seesaw.me if you are using a computer
  2. Choose "I’m a Student"
  3. Sign in using your school Google account. Example: firstname.lastname@students.sccpss.com Password:school password
  4. Click on your profile icon on the top left
If you’re using Seesaw for the first time:
  1. Go to app.seesaw.me if you are using a tablet or seesaw.me if you are using a computer
  2. Choose "I’m a Student"
  3. Type in the code: VBEO DPPO. 
  4. Finish creating your account using your school Google account. Example: firstname.lastname@students.sccpss.com
If you need help with your student's username and password, please email me and I will give it to you.



1 comment:

  1. Ms.Allie what is the class code for get epic

    ReplyDelete