Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Week of September 16: A glimpse into Room 4

Last Friday, we had a special visitor come observe our classroom. Her name is LeDene and she has been a pioneer for public Montessori in South Carolina for 30 years. After her visit, she expressed to me how impressed she was with the high levels of concentration, the work choices and the authenticity of our students. I am extremely proud of each and every one of them for their hard work.

Last week, I also started teaching the students how to do a simple crochet stitch. I haven’t been able to get to everyone yet. I am hoping that, eventually, each student will be able to crochet several rows. I love to crochet. It is something that I can do with my hands while listening to a book on tape, watching a TV show or hear the stories of my family’s day at school or work.

We are really getting into the Montessori lessons and I am very excited to see the students respond so enthusiastically to the materials. I have noticed that they want to push themselves beyond what I presented in the initial lessons.

I love to sing. I started as a voice major when I was a freshmen in college but decided that I wasn’t going to make a living being the next big opera singer. Teaching seemed like the next best option. I always have used music and songs to help me remember information. This week, I introduced the kids to SchoolHouse Rocks and we have been learning our 3 times tables. Here is a super cute video of them practicing the song yesterday. 



Please remember these upcoming dates:

September 19th Parent Education 6:00 – 7:00 PM – MINDING YOUR MANNERS
September 20thINTERNATIONAL PEACE DAY CELEBRATION
September 21st Parent Education 8:30 – 10:00 AM – MINDING YOUR MANNERS
September 27th FALL PICTURES – Class Pictures & Make-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment